A bit of news to catch you up:
First and foremost, the dancing is happening and the dancing is awesome!
Where is the dance happening?
- We have classes open to all on Tuesdays 7:30-9pm and Saturdays 1-2:30pm. Reserve your spot:
Tuesdays 7:30-9pm taught by Jessica Denson
Saturdays 1-2:30pm taught by Erica Janko (10/13, 10/20, 10/27) & Kelly King (11/3, 11/10)
- The company is rehearsing at our home space in Brookland at DragonGateD.C. and at Dance Exchange.
- We’re offering Moving Dialogues Workshops to businesses, schools, and community groups. Curious? Learn more here or send us a note.
CDT is deep in rehearsals for Little White Lies.
We are building new dances that explore our thoughts and behaviors. In this time of fake news! the public discourse about how we treat ourselves and each other across difference in political, racial, economic, gender, and geographic terms (to name a few) asks, How do we reconcile truth? Lies? Is there one global truth? How do we live with our lies? We offer some physicalized contemplative, provocative, and evocative responses.
MissJessica Denson | Vanessa Williamson Edwards | Erica Janko | Kelly King | Anthony Scott Milligan | Shay Turner | Erin White
11/16 @ 7:30pm
11/17 @ 2:30pm
11/17 @ 7:30pm
Capitol Hill Arts Workshop
545 7th Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003
Purchase your tickets by 11/1 and save $10!
Is happening. And, it’s different. In the past, we’ve thrown a gala-style party with silent auction, food, dancing and drinks. Sounds super fun, right? It is. And, we may do that again… but, we are also planning several smaller events like dinners, site-specific showings, online challenges, and such. Our goal is to raise $15k by March 31st 2019. Yup. $15k.
3 easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy ways to support our work:
- Donate here. Any amount has a meaningful impact on our ability to make the dance happen. $25 makes you a season supporter. $500+ makes you a season sponsor. Any amount makes you awesome.
- Give monthly on patreon. Monthly donors give CDT the ability to plan and grow steadily. Benefits include sneak-peeks of rehearsal footage, first-notice of events, and more!
- Buy a tank or tee! You asked for merch! We have merch! And, your purchase makes you a season supporter. Sweet!
We give back.
LIMITLESS has supported other fantastic organizations by paying 10% of our donations forward. Past recipients: Joe’s Movement Emporium, Duke Ellington School of the Arts Museum Studies Program, Camp Little Notch. Who should we support this time? Send suggestions
Thank you for keeping Contradiction Dance Theatre moving and growing. Thank you for asking us smart questions that are the seeds of new dances. Thank you for participating in this vibrant, sinewy, ephemeral art that keeps us present, focused, and hopeful.
In life + dance,